by Jesse & Amanda with Pike in the Morning,posted Nov 9 2012 6:03AM
Black Friday Openings and Deals
• Walmart: Last year, Walmart had TV, electronics, clothing and house ware deals in their Black Friday ad. This year, you can enter the store at 12 a.m. Nov. 23.
• Best Buy: For deals on digital cameras, computers, stereos and other electronics, visit the store when the doors open at 12 a.m., Nov. 23.
• Kohl’s: For deals on bedding, clothing and other selections, visit the store when doors open at 12 a.m., Nov. 23. If you want to buy Black Friday online sales, you can start buying at 12:01 a.m., Nov. 21, on its website.
• Sears: In 2011, Sears released not one, but four Black Friday ads, each with different product categories. To get a jump on the deals, visit the store at 8 p.m., Thanksgiving Day.
• Kmart, on the other hand, is used to being open on Thanksgiving Day and will be again this year. On Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012 will open at 6:00 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m. Kmart stores will then open again at 8:00 p.m. and stay open until 3:00 a.m. On Black Friday, Kmart will open its doors at 5:00 a.m. and stay open until 11:00 p.m.
Wal-Mart is rolling out the discounts in three stages.
Phase 1: Beginning at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, the best in-store deals are on toys, games, home goods and clothing. These include Xbox 360 4GB with SkyLanders bundle for $149; Nintendo's Wii console for $89; a Crock Pot 6-quart slow cooker and Mr. Coffee programmable 12-cup coffee maker for $9.44 each; DVD and Blu-ray movies for $1.96 to $9.96 each; video games for $10 to $25 each; Barbie, Bratz and Disney Princess dolls for $5 each.
Phase 2: At 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, the deals mostly focus on electronics. Among them, Samsung 43-inch, 720p plasma HDTV for $378; HP 15.6 -inch laptop with 4GB and 320GB hard drive for $279; Beats by Dr. Dre headphones for $179.95 and Samsung Smart ST195 digital camera for $99. Between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., Wal-Mart is also guaranteeing that customers who are already inside its store and waiting online will be able to buy three special deals -- Apple iPad2 16GB with Wi-Fi for $399 plus get a $75 Walmart gift card; Emerson®32" 720p LCD TV for $148 and LG Blu-ray Player for $38. MacNaughton said the Wal-Mart is offering that guarantee because it has enough inventory of those three products to meet the anticipated demand.
Phase 3: On Black Friday, Wal-Mart's deals, which roll out at 5 a.m., mostly focus on home goods, jewelry, tires and furniture. Wal-Mart is also offering separate Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday deals on electronics, TVs and toys that will only be available online.